- Customer Success Manager (San Mateo, CA) (2+ Years of Experience)
Totango is the leader in customer engagement and user insights for cloud apps and online subscription services. The company helps SaaS vendors unlock the power of their product usage data to drive higher trial conversion, product adoption, renewals, and customer lifetime value. Totango’s solution combines big data analytics with powerful segmentation and predictive tools to extract customer insights from real-time product usage data. SaaS companies using Totango take the right actions in the right context with each of their customers - building an active and engaged user base.
Customer Success at Totango is different than anywhere else. It’s not the same as a typical Customer Success Role at a SaaS company because Customer Success is not only our product, but our ethos and mentality. We live, breathe and create Customer Success everyday. As a Customer Success Manager at Totango our customers, your portfolio, expect more from you. And you’ll deliver beyond their expectations because you’re a smart, driven, empathetic, life-long learner looking for the opportunity to contribute to the cutting edge of Customer Success, and be a trusted advisor in building Customer Success organizations for the leading SaaS companies.
Totango is looking for world-class Customer Success Managers that can make a direct connection between a company’s strategic goals and how our solution is implemented. This involves determining the appropriate use cases, configuring our product to drive key processes, linking the changes in business metrics (KPIs) to an ROI model or Scorecard, and ultimately driving major business outcomes for your customers. Your passion will drive your customer’s success as well as Totango’s, and the new Customer Success industry as a whole.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for everything about your portfolio of customers after the initial sale. You’ll work with Customer Success Engineers to drive the initial implementation and integration. You’ll educate established customers about new functionalities, best practices, industry developments and otherwise increase the value Totango delivers to their organization. You will develop a deep understanding of customer engagement and the Totango platform so as to create and evolve best practices around the technology.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to connect-the-dots from Board-level objectives to departmental goals (KPIs and MBO’s) to business processes to how our solution is configured and implemented. And back again.
- This involves determining the appropriate use cases, configuring our product to drive key processes, linking the changes in business metrics (KPIs) to an ROI model or Scorecard, and ultimately driving major business outcomes for your customers.
- A master relationship builder and dynamic communicator with a track record of successfully building rapport with executive client partners.
- Equally comfortable with creating and evaluating strategic plans as they are with executing on the individual action items and details.
- A collaborator who can quickly identify the correct internal resource and work closely with them to ensure your customer’s needs are addressed quickly and completely.
- Organized, with the ability and experience to manage projects, processes and people effectively. You drive/track the macro and micro seamlessly and communicate next steps with ease.
- A high-achiever that is laser focused on exceeding your customer’s expectations, offering valuable add-ons specific to them, and you’re always looking for ways to solve a problem better.
- Oversee the onboarding of new accounts and ensure successful implementations.
- Track & monitor account status and identify areas of concern.
- Develop application notes to help customers understand actions they need to take to achieve success.
- Strategize, conceive and execute internal processes to streamline and scale customer-success work.
- Identify areas for improvement not only in our products and services, but also in the Customer Success function as a whole. Communicate internally with relevant stakeholders in sales, marketing, product and engineering to make your customer’s lives better.
- Participate as a panelist or speaker at industry events as an expert in Customer Success.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 2 years experience as a Customer Success Manager in a software company
- Strong knowledge of online software (SaaS) products and services, broadly defined
- Experience in Product Management, Consulting, Data Analysis, or Financial Analysis AND the ability to work with, connect to, and influence people
- Great communication, account management, project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong writer and speaker – documents, presentations, webinars and events
- Organized and systematic with great attention to detail
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires